Thursday, February 10, 2011

Watercolour Journal #2 - Being Erica

Being Erica is something I've been watching on Netflix. It's light and uplifting fun, and I can relate to her particular blend of crazy.

I had to pause the show (yet again) to (yet again) wipe my son's ass (pardon the bluntness, but that is what I truthfully was doing), and the screen capture was Erica's face caught in a beautiful light. When inspiration strikes, you gotta drop what you're doing, even if inspiration comes in the form of a CBC show that you watch as a filler until bedtime (not my bedtime).

Don't worry, I won't post all of these, but I needed a palate cleanser after posting that last one. It was early morning, I hadn't touched watercolours in 2 and a bit years (I have the birth of my friend's son to use as a benchmark), my kids were curiously breathing down my neck, and I seriously misjudged the blackness of that tree.



PS - It doesn't really look like the actress, but hey, artistic license.

No comments:

Post a Comment